Class size: 6-12
Course length: 1-3 days
A practical scaffold building course that enables participants to build and use safely a wide variety of scaffold structures using the three component families: end-frame/crossbrace, system scaffold and tube/clamb. All structures will be build in accordance with recommendations from the SIAC (Scaffold Industry Association Canada), the UBC (United Brotherhood of Carpenters), and regulations from Part 13 (Ladders, Scaffold and Temporary Work Platforms) of the OH&S Regulation of the Worker's Compensation Board of BC.
All tradespersons and helpers who erect and / or work from scaffolding platforms.
Course Outcomes Include:
- Tradespersons will be capable of building a:
- 5'x7' free-standing tube/clamp scaffold tower with an inside ladder, outside ladder and stairway
- 5'x7' free-standing system scaffold tower to a height of 20' with inside and outside ladders and stairway
- 'x7' rolling scaffold tower using endframe/crossbrace to a height of 20' using an inside ladder only for access.
- Tradespersons will be capable of using safety planks on sawhorses, extension ladders with/without ladder jacks, and small scale wooden scaffolds.