Underground Residential Distribution Refresher
Class size: 4-6
Course length: 2 days
This program briefly reviews buried cable theory and cable construction methods. It emphasizes the practical aspects of underground distribution installation and operation.
Power line technicians.
- A brief review of cable components and construction
- A brief review of theory of stresses on cables
- Fuse protection of components
- A brief overview and explanation of work orders, mapping, construction standards
- "Hands on" cable terminations, elbow installations, application of junction boxes, J-bars, low profile transformers, service boxes, squids, splices and repair sleeves
- Trouble shooting on buried systems