Rigging and Live Line Certification for Contractors
Class size: 4-8
Course length: 5 days
This course is intended for contractor power line technicians. The program provides two classroom days plus three days of field training. The program focuses on distribution rigging and live line work, and provides the required training and certifies contractors to supervise crews. Safety considerations are stressed and incorporated into both classroom and practice sessions.
Contractor Power Line Technicians, especially those required to supervise field crews.
- Conditions for doing live line work, use of cover up
- Limits of approach, equi-potential bonding and grounding
- Care, maintenance and testing of live line tools and equipment
- Calculations such as compressive forces, horizontal and bisect line tensions, forces and weights on live line rigging configurations
- Practical field work, eg. changing tangent and angle cross-arms, off the pole and using the bucket truck.
- Review of applicable SPR, PSSP and OSH standards