Meter Tech Print Reading Course
Class size: 6-8
Course length: 1 day
This tutorial covers the key components of motor control and one-line print reading. The lecture is supported by written material within the Meter Tech trades manual. An afternoon workshop presents work-related scenarios, so that each participant has the opportunity to use one-line diagrams to identifying isolation requirements and hazards.
This course is a good refresher for journey Meter Techs involved with fieldwork.
- Motor Control Schematics
- Reading Control Schematics & Wiring Prints.
- Understand Control Schematics Symbols
- Typical Motor Control Schematics
- Convert Motor Control Schematic to Wiring Prints
- Station One-Line Schematics
- Reading Station One Line Schematics
- Nema Device identification (shown on One Lines)
- Understand Equipment Ratings (shown on One Lines)
- Understand types of Circuit Breakers (shown on One Lines)
- Understand Power Transformers (shown on One Lines)
- Identify the differences in BC Hydro one-lines and customer one-lines
- Identify isolation requirements
- Identify potential energy hazards associated with internal and external (customers) one-lines.
- General safety hazards – safety check-list