Electric Metering - Overview for Office Personnel
Class size: 8-15
Course length: 1 day
This course provides an overview of customer meter functioning and meter administration. Items affecting metering accuracy and error-reduction are highlighted.
This program will benefit office personnel who require a higher understanding of meter functioning and meter administration, but do not require in-depth and detailed knowledge of field installations.
- Review of abbreviations and definitions
- How meters operate and measure power consumption
- Meter codes, rates, and meter selection
- Instrument transformers and electronic meters
- Billing multipliers and calculations
- Requirements for secondary meter installation
- Current Transformer selection
- Power factor and corrections
- Billing errors related to meter installations