Class size: 6-8
Course length: 1 day
This course includes both theory and hands on instruction. It is an important course for anyone responsible for sampling, testing and conditioning insulating oil with a MOTP (mini oil treatment plant) or for selecting other conditioning process. Assessment tools and business decisions are introduced. The course includes environment and safety concerns, but is not a spill response or an isolation course. The course uses a simulated computer model of a typical MOTP. Informal and formal quizzes are included and are intended to enhance recall of the knowledge. (Competency-based instruction).
Electrical crews, managers, contractors or any employee or managers that are responsible for maintaining reactive equipment in their operation. Participants should be already familiar with substation work.
- Properties and operating concerns of insulating oil used in reactive equipment
- Sampling procedures
- Field dielectric test
- Lab test results and reports
- Roger's Ratios and problem assessment
- Selecting an oil conditioning process, costs, results
- Oil conditioning using a typical oil condition plant (MOTP)