Electrical Drawings and Control Systems (T&D)
Class size: 8
Course length: 4 days
Principles of reading and interpreting electrical schematics. Practice in a mock substation follows classroom learning. Topics include motors, circuit breakers, PLCs and batteries.
Workers required to operate, maintain and troubleshoot high voltage equipment on the electric utility systems, e.g. Electricians, OADs, Telecontrol Technicians, and apprentices.
- Read and interpret basic motor control schematics
- Read and interpret circuit breaker
- Control system interfacing and interposing, mimic push-button control breaker controls will be covered.
The following fully operational equipment is installed in the mock substation:
- Circuit breakers BJOB, KSO, and FKP
- Motor operated disconnect
- Remote control (i.e. interposing) and a remote control board
- Modicon PLC control system
- Battery charger